Tuesday, January 11, 2011

LittleBigPlanet 2 Beta servers are now offline. Bring on retail!

Well, that's it. That was pretty long for a pre-release, server stress test beta! So what did I do in the last hour? ... Well... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uoLshULoaEM

I've done my share to push the beta and squash bugs and I must say, I'm royally impressed with the game. The tools have so much more potential over the previous game. The first game warmed my heart instantly with its playful approach. It was very child-like in its approach and I felt some of this would be lost in LittleBigPlanet 2.  Not at all!

Although the new logic tools imply a sense of mechanical cerebrality, that couldn't be further from the truth. It is rare that a sequal absolutely improves on an original, especially when the original is something as unique as LittleBigPlanet, but this seems like it will be an astounding success.

I have been posting plenty of things on my blog about the game and will continue to, as well as discuss what I plan to do in retail.

I WILL make a full fledged version of my dungeon crawler, "Corridors of Madness" ... It will have better and more varied graphics, as well as much more varied gameplay.

I will continue the top down shooting series with improvements, since I've learned much since I made them.

Bunnies will make a return but in a way you might not expect. :)

The graphics are also greatly improved, the lighting engine is very welcome and easy on the eyes. I think my favorite features are the new logic tools and the holographic material. That of course includes the impact sensor.

Impact sensor + invisible hologram = super win!

I also promise a very in depth tutorial on creating the dungeon crawler after I create it in release. I promise - the techniques have been perfected and I'm saving it as a treat for you all. :)

No comments: