Saturday, January 9, 2010

Codename Foof Engine - My 3D engine.

So, I figured I'd start work on my own little 3D game engine. I'll detail my progress and all the gritty little details so that you might implement it in your own projects.

Let me start with a simple gameplay video of a cheese character collecting coins in a forest. Naturally, I promised you awesomeness and awesomeness I devliver.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5WZbveP7WeI

- WARNING - BORING GEEK STUFF AHEAD - WARNING -
My 3D engine is based on a deferred rendering architecture. That means that the lighting, fog, etc. is all computed post process. The rendering is split up into multiple parts. It takes up some more memory, but it makes it a lot more robust and open ended. My other videos will show more advantages of this.

I am using a model format that I created myself, it supports skeletal animation.

No comments: